Shiba Inu Coin is a decentralized cryptocurrency designed to promote social interaction inside the Shiba Inu Ecosystem.
- It was built using the same Ethereum Blockchain technology as a great number of other coins. Initially intended to be a “Doge-Killer” to Dogecoin, this meme coin has since found its own niche.
- Shiba Inu coin is replacing Dogecoin in various places and becoming a preferred option for investors in the cryptocurrency sector.
The Shiba Inu, a breed of hunting dog native to Japan, is the mascot for Shiba Inu (SHIBUSD), a cryptocurrency built on Ethereum. Supporters of Shiba Inu even call it “the Dogecoin killer” because of how often it is suggested as an alternative to Dogecoin.
Meme coins, like Shiba Inu and Dogecoin, are digital currencies with a specific subject (in this case, the Shiba Inu dog), however they are more often offered as inside jokes or parodies than as practical digital products.
Unlike Dogecoin, which was created in December 2013, Shiba Inu wasn’t introduced until August of 2020, by the anonymous Ryoshi.
- The Shiba Inu hunting dog serves as the mascot for Shiba Inu, an alternative cryptocurrency based on Ethereum.
- It is referred to as “the Dogecoin killer” by its fans, a group known as the SHIBArmy, and is commonly regarded as a Dogecoin alternative.
- August 2020 saw the creation of Shiba Inu by Ryoshi, an individual or collective.
- On October 29, 2021, Shiba Inu’s price increased by more than ten times, giving the company a $41 billion market value. Shiba Inu is right behind Dogecoin in the top 10 of all meme cryptocurrencies, despite a sharp decline in market worth to $6 billion as of May 31, 2022.
Identifying Shiba Inus (SHIB)
- The guiding principles of the Shiba Inu ecosystem are detailed in a “woof document” (perhaps a pun on the term “white paper”) available on the ShibaToken.com website..
- Shiba Inu was created as a response to the following straightforward query, per the paper: “What would happen if a cryptocurrency project was 100% run by its community?” Ryoshi, the project’s creator, attributes the creation of Shiba Inu to a “experiment in decentralized spontaneous community building.” Ryoshi believes that the power of collective decentralization can produce something more powerful than a centralized team could ever produce.
Over 500,000 people who make up the SHIBArmy’s base support its founding tenets, which are:
- In an effort to create something out of nothing, the project began from scratch.
- It was not established from an already-established group or already-formed team; and
- A declared affection for Shiba Inu dogs.
Shiba Inu was developed on and is hosted on the Ethereum blockchain rather than its own blockchain because it is an Ethereum-based ERC-20 token. According to Ryoshi’s statement in the paper, he decided to create the Shiba Inu ecosystem on Ethereum since it was already safe, reliable, and permitted the project to maintain its decentralized nature.
What are Shiba Inu’s duties?
Shiba Inu is actually separated into a number of tokens that support the operation of the entire cryptocurrency ecosystem:
- SHIB –The basic Shiba Inu unit of account that can be traded and utilized as a medium of exchange is the SHIB.
- LEASH – The LEASH token is the most constrained of the Shiba Inu-related coinage, with a maximum supply of 107,646 units. It offers staking compensation to people who verify cryptocurrency transactions.
- BONE –Shiba Inu users can cast their votes for various ideas using the 250 million units BONE token.
Shiba Inu also features other aspects of a community, such as Shiboshis, a kind of non-fungible currency, and ShibaSwap, its own decentralized platform for trading money (NFT).
Is Shiba Inu a good investment?
Shiba Inu has experienced significant ups and downs throughout its short history. It’s important to comprehend what you’re buying and why it may or may not increase in value rather than focusing on price increases and succumbing to the fear of missing out. The majority of cryptocurrencies lack the financial resources or assets of an underlying company as their backing.
The fact that traditional investments are backed by assets and cash flow sets them apart from cryptocurrencies. With a stock, you are making an investment in the company’s future, so if it succeeds, so will your investments over time. Additionally, you have a legal claim against the company.
However, with cryptocurrencies like Shiba Inu, your investment is not at all supported by any kind of asset or cash flow. If someone offers to pay more for your coins, which is the only way you can earn money. So, optimism and speculation will continue to be the main forces behind cryptocurrencies.
Why is Shiba Inu Coin So Popular?
Shiba Inu coin’s popularity might be attributed to its meme, which featured a cute Shiba Inu puppy. There are four main reasons why Shiba Inu coins are popular:
- In a tweet, the founder of Tesla expressed desire in getting a Shiba dog. This stirred up the cryptocurrency market and caused its values to increase by 300 percent.
- When Vitalik Buterin, the creator of the Ethereum Blockchain Network, gave 50 trillion Shiba Inu coins to the Covid relief fund of India, which was established by an Indian crypto entrepreneur by the name of Sandeep Naiwal, the price of Shiba coins dropped by as much as 40%.
- According to the relative market cap for trading assets on Coinbase, SHIB is ranked eleventh in terms of popularity. People’s enthusiasm for the asset is the cause of this.
- Due to its crowds, persistence, and memes, Shiba is well-liked across major cryptocurrency exchanges. It’s also a cute dog (Shiba Inu).
What Stores Sell Shiba Inu Coins?
- Shiba Inu coins can be purchased on a number of cryptocurrency exchange websites, including Binance, Crypto.com, Atomic Wallet, and KuCoin.
- On Uniswap (through Trust Wallet), where you may exchange Ethereum for Shiba Coins, you can also purchase Shiba Inu coins.
One of the more recent cryptocurrencies, Shiba Inu, is riding a wave of interest in digital assets. It’s crucial that you comprehend what you’re investing in and the hazards involved if you want to trade cryptocurrencies, or really any type of digital currency. Avoid risking money you can’t afford to lose on cryptocurrency because it is erratic and frequently unbacked by any assets.